Dear Co-Workers in God’s Harvest,
Thank you sooooo much for your prayers, love and support. We
had a great February!
1. I finished another seminary course. By next winter I can begin
2. We had another great service at Trinity Baptist in Gunnison.
3. I had the privilege of leading worship for a wonderful group
of 130 men in Beaver Creek, CO for
3 days. What a great time of worship, Bible study,
skiing and most of all, seeking the face of God. A NASCAR driver,
an astronaut who walked on the moon, a brother who led a blind climber to
the top of Mt.
Everest, businessmen, ministers, and me…
4. Continued growth in the lives of our Fellowship of Christian Athletes
5. New faces showing up for our ski area employees Bible Study.
6. Great times of sharing with students and employees at the ski area.
7. Teaching my first firefighting class of the season and being asked to go
out on my first fire assignment. (I had to turn it down because of commitments.)
8. Hearing from a “Hot Shot Superintendent” (a top forest firefighter)
that our time of ministry on an Oregon fire was the highlight of the summer
Coming up in March:
1. I’m booked for most of the rest of March with
2. Teaching a fire class for the local Volunteer Fire Departments.
3. Preaching in Gunnison (March 14) and training college student
4. Melva and I will sing and share at a local Gideon’s
dinner March 26.
April and May opportunities:
1. April 11-14, Revival Services at 1st Baptist in Protection,
2. Our son Steve speaks at Indiana Wesleyan University chapel,
3. April 18-22, Revival Services at Abell Church in Guthrie,
4. April 25, Services at Cragfont Baptist in Gallatin, TN.
5. May 5, Teaching forest fire classes in Gunnison.
6. May 9-13, teaching at the Horizon School of Evangelism in
a. Taking another Denver Seminary course in early June.
b. Helping lead a men’s retreat in Roswell, NM in June.
c. Possibly teaching at a Bible Institute in San Diego in the
1. For Kendall, a college student who is having serious health
issues and in a coma.
2. For the Lord to anoint and use us to His glory in the activities
3. For Steve as he shares at Indiana Wesleyan University.
4. For our daughter Joy and son-in-law Stephen as they share
Christ in England.
5. For my health to recover. I’ve had bronchitis for a
few weeks and it’s hanging on.
6. For our ministry finances. We spend quite a bit each week
for college ministry as well as ski area and church service outreaches.
Your prayers and financial support allow us to continue to minister
without charge and give away Bibles and study materials. Currently,
our ministry finances are running behind, as some donors have
had to cut back. We know the Lord will provide as we all pray.
Thank You for faithfully standing with us in the Master’s
work. May He bless you richly. We love and appreciate each of
you! You are wonderful tools in the Master’s hands.
Rick and Melva